Tuesday 31 July 2012

Brunswick Leib Infantry

These are Old Glory and the flag was downloaded from NapFlags - neither this battalion nor any of the other light battalions sported flags. However, I felt they needed something to wave about, so I chose the Herzog flag of one of the line battalions - for the three light battalions I've filled the blue box with a colour appropriate for their facings (pink, yellow and orange). I still need to complete the basing with drybrush and static grass. I read in Adkin that their Duke was killed while trying to rally the Leib battalion at Quatre-Bras after they became disorderd. Other sources say he was calmly smoking his pipe in front of his men when the fatal shots were fired.




5 comments:

  1. They look really good, Ken. Nice work. Dean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done Ken,
    You are really flying through your Brunswickers.

    I was thinking of adding a flag too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good work. You're really piling through stuff at the moment! Good to see.
    Andy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I have been churning them out only because they are easy to paint! Plus I'm blogging one unit at a time rather than wait to post results of an entire brigade. The primer coat is simply drybrushed with grey to bring out straps and hussar lace. Add skin colour and the facing colour!

    Thanks for the comments guys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would also add that the Old glory Brunswickers lack a lot of detail butare a lot cheaper than AB's which would have been my choice if funds permitted.

    ReplyDelete

Followers