Monday 31 January 2011

69th Regiment of Foot

These are AB figures and are my first British infantry since doing 1/72 plastics years ago. They painted up easily enough, I wasn't too sure of all those cross-belts mind you! The flags are by Ian Marsh from Fighting15s, I had to paint the edges of the regimental colour where I was a bit careless glueing the flag on leaving a bit white at the edges.

I not sure if they served in the Peninsula but I just had to make this battalion - imortalised in the film 'waterloo' when  marshall Ney throws the colours at Napoleons feet! They made a welcome break from the hordes of Prussians and French I've been painting for the last couple of years. Next up will be the 30th Foot.









4 comments:

  1. Hi Ken,
    Agree with Ray these look great.
    I have managed to avoid British as there are plenty of others I know doing them. Always fancied doing a Highland battalion or 2. Do you have plans to add any Scots to your British army?
    Cheers
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lads. I have a AB highland battalion waiting to be painted. I'm also debating if I should get some OG highlanders, they looked ok painted up on the OG website (advancing pose with command).

    Cheers

    Ken

    ReplyDelete

Followers